Very nice, I like the execution as well. These puzzles are over my head right now, I will come back, want to finish them without using hints. Seems tough though. Actually found this through your comment on Freesound.org x)
A puzzle game, lateral-thinking.
Its riddles may drive you to drinking.
The keys to all locks
Are "outside the box",
She says, while suspiciously winking.
I know getting stuck makes you wince
So that's why I made in-game hints.
Spoilered and stuck
Both mightily suck
So that's what this (likely) prevents.
No violence, the peril of being trapped in a cave (but not a tight, enclosed cave), no nudity, no sexual content, no drug or alcohol use, no jumpscares, 2 occurrences of profanity, both grawlixed (e.g. "Holy $#?@!"), mild references to Buddhism and John Denver.
- Won't load on some mobile devices, but there's no touchscreen support anyway.
- Text scales poorly when embedded/windowed. Workaround: fullscreen.
You can view, download, and use all Compass Rose's assets for free! Here are the links:
Here are all the art assets used in Compass Rose. The source material I used/remixed is:
- Cave walls: Buch
- Cave floor: Daniel Cook's 2d Circle Graphic Archive, Jetrel's mockups resized 32x32, Bertram's improvements, and Zabin's modification and additions
- Grass: Pavel Catalin of MrCraft Animation
- Compass rose: prushik
- Main Font: Mania, recreated by SpeedySpikes as a remake of the font used in the Sonic Mania leaderboards
- South Puzzle Font: Modern Sans Serif 7 by Style Seven
- Logo Font: 04b_25 by Yuji Oshimoto
- Ending song: "Take Me Home, Compass Rose" by Pace Smith
- *boom* door slam by contramundum (and my edited version)
- *footsteps* soupani_nohama_po_zasnezene_silnici.wav by 13FPanska_Kamm_Oliver
- *clink* Ding 4 by Adam_N
- *grinding stone* Stone,Block,Drag,Wood,Grind.wav by Mediaman57
- late title card Cold Cave A.mp3 by DJmastah
- *wind whistling* Spooky Wind #2 by kangaroovindaloo
- *falling*, *crash* death.wav by Tissman
- *squelch*, *slurp*, *slosh* Water Gloops & Glops.wav by joe_anderson22
- *click* Mouse Click.wav by Agaxly
- *tap tap* two large cobblestone blocks by jobel0092
- teleport teleport by Leszek_Szary
- Rose text 8-Bit Text Blip - Low Pitch by SomeGuy22
- Rose text rising 8-Bit Text Blip - Medium Pitch by SomeGuy22
- *whoosh* Double Whoosh by qubodup
- *buzz* accessdenied.wav by ironcross32
- *ding* Airplane/Elevator Ding.wav by Chilljeremy
- *___-pitched beep* tone beep.wav by pan14
Thanks for generously sharing your work!
- Compass Rose released!Apr 06, 2019
- v0.9 - new introMar 14, 2019
- v0.8 released! Final puzzle + in-game hint systemFeb 17, 2019
- Surprise! v0.6.1 released!Dec 20, 2018
- v0.6 complete! ...but not released. Here's what you're missing!Dec 17, 2018
- Major rewrite of the third puzzleDec 07, 2018
- v0.5.2 two bugfixesDec 01, 2018
- The third puzzle is ready!Dec 01, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.